Joy in the journey!

Joy in the journey!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When your tears are your prayer

I was thinking about a precious lady I met years ago on one of my singing tours who had just been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Her heart was broken, she was paralyzed with fear. I remember during ministry time she came up to me and fell into my arms sobbing...she then whispered in my ear....”I don’t know how to pray those big worded prayers that God hears, so what do I do?” I remember holding her face in my hands and telling her those tears were her prayer, her hearts cry was a prayer that went straight to the heart of Jesus. I am always taken back to that time when no words come....only the cry of my heart. God has never failed to hear that cry and come running to my rescue. Some of the greatest miracles in my life came when all I could say was “Jesus help!”, or when tears took over and words couldn’t come. Those tears were all I had.....God knew. Oh and did I mention that the precious lady I got to know that evening is serving God today....cancer free! ....He hears the cry of your heart, and He will coming running....He will answer....a miracle awaits!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honesty and your courage and your unbounded joy. I love you, Friend, and my life is richer because of having known you.

    ReplyDelete