Joy in the journey!

Joy in the journey!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Merry Christmas" in June!


I treasure my morning talks with my sweet Mother. My Mother had such a special relationship with her mom. I remember growing up knowing that at around 7:30 every morning they would be on the phone, making sure the other was ok. I never thought much about those daily conversations until my sweet Grandmother went to be with Jesus. I missed those calls, and I know my Mother longed for that phone to ring, and to hear my Grandmother's voice. I thank the Lord that I now have that same relationship with my Mom. Our calls are like clockwork, every morning I hear her voice, and her encouragement for the day just blesses my heart. The journey of her cancer has made those calls even more special to me. Her faith has never wavered, her passion for Jesus has only grown...and she daily inspires me. Today we talked about how much we have learned through this journey together. We have learned more than ever that life is truly a gift. Everyday is a gift to be treasured. When I got off of the phone, in my spirit I saw wrapped presents everywhere! Beautifully wrapped gifts with delicately tied bows of all colors. And I ever so gently heard the Lord say to my heart....."It's Christmas today!"

Do I wake up every morning anxiously ready to open up a new gift hand delivered by my Savior, or do I just sit on the side of the bed looking at all the gifts and go on about my day not receiving what He gave me that day.... a gift...a new gift! How many gifts have I missed because I was too focused on things that were so petty. How many times did I say "Why Lord?" when all the time He had the answer right there in front of me....I just didn't open it up and find it! Do many of my gifts have dust on them? Isn't it amazing what we learn in the hardest times of our lives? I have learned so deeply during this incredibly challenging season of my life.....that life IS a gift! I don't want to leave one gift unopened.....He put them there just for me, to help me, to guide me through each and every day of my journey.
His passion for me is indescribable. It reminds me of how I used to be on Christmas morning when I wanted the kids to hurry and wake up so I could give them their gifts and see the delight on their faces. I couldn't wait to hear the squeals of delight! I think I got more joy than the kids did! That is how Jesus feels about me!

It may be July 16 but in my heart it is December 25th. It's Christmas! A day to open up with excitement, with delight, with passion! This day is to be savored....as if it were my last. Life is so very short....so fragile. So today as I unwrap the gift of today that is before me, I hope you will join me! Let's be like kids on Christmas morning, let's enjoy this day and all that God has waiting for us! I can hear the giggles now, and most of all I can see the indescribable joy on my savior's face as we receive from Him all He has for us. What a wonderful Savior I serve!
Merry Christmas!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment