Joy in the journey!

Joy in the journey!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why we need "underwear" friends!



I just read a devotional this morning that has now become my favorite.  It’s about underwear friends!  I know right!  These special friendships are there when the wedgies of life tear us apart at the seams.  It made me think about all the amazing people God has placed in my life....my friends. 





I have friends that lift me up, support me, even pinch me back to reality when I go out in left field.  They have stood with me, laughed with me, been patient with me, prayed with me, cried with me, and even drove me around while wearing a chicken suit!  I have learned so much from my friends.  They are treasures who enrich my life.  The best kinds of friends in life are those who love us despite our wrinkles and warts.  They have a knack for drawing the best out of us and challenging us to grow into all we were meant to be in our journey of life and faith.



 Psalms 18:39 is one of my favorite verses.  “You have equipped me with strength for the battle...”  I thank God for my underwear friends;  they lift, support, squeeze, and even pinch me if necessary.  They are God’s resources that gird up my proverbial loins for the battle.  I can throw away my girdle, because they are the best option to gird me up....God’s option.  A friend is one of the best things you can have and one of the best things you can be.  I want to be the best friend I can be.  I want to give back what I have so generously been given.



I am forever grateful for my underwear friends!  They have made life’s wedgies a journey I have grown through and seen miracles through.  May we all be underwear friends!  Stretch on my friends....stretch on!
































No comments:

Post a Comment