Joy in the journey!

Joy in the journey!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Jesus Loves Me....this I know.




Once again I am sitting in my bed with my laptop recovering from hopefully my last surgery! I have my dogs snuggled up with me and a husband that is the best nurse ever! I am thankful.

This journey has been quite a journey. And you know I can look back through this year and see God’s handprints all over the place. We are never promised a tomorrow, and I have realized more than ever to savor every second of today. God’s peace is there in the dark places. Many of my friends have faced tragedies this year, and I have seen God meet them in such a precious way. It truly is the peace that passes all understanding. What would we do without that precious peace! Peace is not the absence of affliction, but the presence of God.


We are entering the holiday season.....my favorite time of year. I am one of those people who decorate very early. Nothing like eating Thanksgiving dinner by the Christmas Tree! Since I had this surgery so early, I decorated even earlier than usual. I had the most precious friend help me. Emma Hardin, you made decorating day a day I will never forget! I finally found someone who loves the holidays as much as I do! Fun, joy, baking, decorating, and silly dances filled the day! I am so thankful.


I have had a lot of time to reflect, and pray during all this recovery time. It’s been so good for me. I have fallen in love with Jesus in a whole new way. I will not think of 2010 as a year of hard journeys, but as a year where I saw Jesus in ways I never dreamed. It was a year of seeing huge miracles. But mostly it was a year where I felt His presence in the midst of the storm.


They said when I came out of anesthesia this time from surgery I had my arms up in the air and was singing “Jesus loves me”. Yep, peace is not the absence of affliction but the presence of God. How many times have I sung Jesus loves me throughout my life? Many. But this year the reality of how very much He truly loves me....soaked in.

He loves me enough to carry me when I can’t walk, see for me when my sight is blurred, dance over me with singing, when I can’t dance. He lifts me up when I can’t jump the hurdles, carries me when I am under anesthesia and holds me close, and blesses me with such beautiful friendships to pray with me and be an extension of His arms when I need them. I have learned that some days when there is not a song in my heart....sing anyway. Jesus always gives me a new song to sing.


Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.....Little ones to him belong...they are weak but He is strong......Yes Jesus loves me....Yes Jesus loves me...

Yes Jesus loves me....the Bible tells me so.


Sing that song today.....sometimes it’s the simple little things, that make profound differences in our heart. Jesus loves you.....really really loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I love your comments about everything that Jesus has done for you. His love really is amazing! Enjoy your beautiful festive home as you recuperate! I love you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete